Sunday, June 13, 2010

Physicians Formula Healthy Wear spf 50 Tinted Moisturizer

Hooray!

I found my summer foundation, Physicians Formula Healthy Wear spf50 Tinted Moisturizer. Phew! Trying saying that three times fast :)
I love that is has spf 50 and still manages not to smell like sunscreen. The finish is a bit dewey, which I personally don't mind in the summer, and can be finished off with your favorite powder if you like a more matte look. The only downside I've heard is the color selection. Truthfully though, this is a problem with tinted moisturizers in general. The Korres tinted moisturizer, which I didn't like at all, is also limited in colors and sells for more than twice the price.

I bought this in the lightest shade, Light to Fair, and have  read that some people are saying that this is a pretty good dupe for the Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer spf 20 oil free in nude. Works for me, the Laura Mercier is $42.00 for 1.7 ounces and the Physicians Formula is around $13.00 for 1 ounce, depending on where you buy it. Oh, and did I mention this is a drugstore item so I bet you can find it at an even better price, check your weekly flyers.

I've been wearing this the past few days with my Korres Monoi Oil Bronzing Powder, another tongue twister, and love the look. Did I say summer foundation? I think this may become my year round, HG, foundation.






1 comment:

  1. I love this tinted moisturizer. I started using it about a year ago and it's great, but for the fall/winter I want more coverage do you have any suggestions.. I ran out of the Physician's formula today, and with fall around the corner I just figured it would be time to switch.

    ReplyDelete